Junior Social Entrepreneur Program
Holy Child's Junior Social Entrepreneur Program is a seven-day seminar that is designed to inspire our Juniors to lead with passion, purpose, and a strong voice to problem-solve some of our world's global concerns. Students will learn cross-disciplinary skills necessary to build effective and efficient business-based solutions to some of today's most challenging social problems. Through case studies, team ideations, and group dialogue, they will develop a deeper understanding of the social entrepreneurship sector and the skills necessary to fund, launch, and administer such a venture.
Our entrepreneurs will be able to:
- Learn the fundamental principles for solving problems, fostering innovation, and creating social change
- Develop a set of skills, tools, and practices to support them in being an agent for change
- Evaluate and create business models for mission-driven social ventures
- Apply this knowledge to a cause in which their team believes by designing their own "Big Idea for Social Change."
Junior Entrepreneur Program - 7 Day Seminar Schedule
- Day 1: What is Social Entrepreneurship?
- Day 2: Creating Business Models for Social Change
- Day 3: Design Thinking for Greater Good
- Day 4: Marketing and Branding | Telling Your Story
- Day 5: Presentation Skills
- Day 6: Shark Tank
Junior Entrepreneurship Program culminates in a thoughtful and engaging "Shark Tank" competition. Each team presents their business plan and how it will impact a social concern through the development of a product or service to the school community, parents, and judges. Industry experts serve as our judges who evaluates each group, challenges each group to defend their product or service. The top three teams win based on the quality of product or service, strength of their business plan, product research, marketing, and the team's ability to present a compelling case for the need for their product or service.
For More Information
If you have any questions, please contact Kim Hogan, Director of Teaching and Learning.