The Coakley Center for Innovative Learning is a resource for the Holy Child community providing services and support for teachers, parents, and students. Our learning specialists keep abreast of current research-based strategies and techniques that prepare our students for a rigorous program with confidence and success.
The Coakley Center for Innovative Learning supports key community stakeholders in the following ways:
- Trains teachers on how to support students in the classroom
- Educates teachers on new research informing teaching and learning in and outside the classroom
- Partners with teachers on developing action plans and implementing accommodation plans
- Educates parents on new education research that could assist their daughters
- Works with parents in recognizing their daughter’s strengths to help them reach their fullest potential
- Provides support for all students who need help with their academics when experiencing extraordinary circumstances (absence due to illness, concussion diagnosis, etc.)
- Offers academic coaching, which is a two day per week course that focuses on executive functioning skills. Students learn to monitor their own progress and make adjustments to strategies and plans when necessary.
- Provides course offerings for students with a diagnosed disability. These classes meet four days a week. Class descriptions found below.