Pictured from left to right:
Liz Palka Minukas ’04, Joelle Slye Flynn ’89, Lolly Straus Heller ’03, Christy Weschler Scango ’92, Debbie Cronin Kissinger ’66, Carol Pender Sinwell ’66, Ericka Rojas ’05, Alicia Ryan Karanian ’74, Charlotte Manders ’06, Riley Fisher ’07, Sr. Connie Craig, Martine Bernard ’86, Kate Everngam Muffels ’98, Molly Grant ’18, Caitlin DeLaurentis ’08, Chesney Lynch ’18. Kneeling: Alumnae Council Co-Presidents Lauren Phifer Robinson ’08 and Kelly Decker Shires ’08
Carol Pender Sinwell '66
Debbie Cronin Kissinger '66
Alicia Ryan Karanian '74 (also current parent, Jordan '18; parent of alums Meghan '05 and Rachel '08)
Silver Spring, MD
Kathleen Cooney-Porter '82
Martine Bernard '86 (also a current parent, Ava '21)
Joelle Slye Flynn '89
Dana Point, CA
Alli Bigelow Lumpkin '92
Christy Weschler Scango '92
Susan Decker Raff '98
Kate Everngam Muffels '98
Meghan Everngam '00
Jessi Williams Frend '01 (Member, Holy Child Board of Trustees)
Jillian Bastow '02
Katie Mangan Siegel ’03
Lolly Straus Heller '03
North Bethesda, MD
Liz Palka Minukas '04
Ericka Rojas '05
Riley Fisher '07
Caitlin DeLaurentis '08
Caroline Mangan Connelly, ’08
Jordan Quinn, ’08
Kelly Decker Shires '08 (Co-President, Alumnae Assoc.)
Alexandra Guntle '08
Great Falls, VA
Lauren Phifer Robinson '08 (Co-President, Alumnae Assoc.)
Molly Grant '18
Chesney Lynch '18
College Student Members
Class Reps - click the name of your class rep(s) to send an email
A Note from our Alumnae Council Co-Presidents
Dear Holy Child Alumnae,
We are so pleased to update you about the work of our Alumnae Council, comprised of 28 alumnae, two recent 2018 graduates, and Sr. Connie Craig. The Council's Mission is to reach out to the full alumnae community to re-engage alumnae with each other and with Holy Child.
Since our first Council meeting in late March 0f 2017, the committee members have worked together at in-person meetings, via conference call, Google docs, and emails to strengthen our alumnae base. We want to make sure that Holy Child remains an important part of your life.
We welcome more involvement from our alumnae! Contact us and join a committee!
Here is a glimpse of the accomplishments of each Committee:
Archives and Education Committee
- Worked with the Administration to create a program for student interns to help organize materials or have a small stipend for a staff member to help organize
- Had a presence during Alumnae Weekend April: physical displays as well as materials which were unidentified and offered a call for objects relating to history of the school
- Benchmarked and determined where and how to begin the archival process
Networking and Events Committee
- Organized class representatives for almost all graduation years. Please click on the left to find out who your rep is, and consider being a representative for your class if there is a need. It's great fun to connect with your classmates.
- Alumnae regional gatherings took place in New York, Northern California, and in the local DMV area over the course of the year.
- Encouraged alumnae to complete the Survey. To date, 351 alumnae have responded with the largest number from the class 2004, followed closely behind by the class of 1978, 1969, and 2008.
- Worked with Holy Child's Communications department on social media messaging.
Alumnae Recognition and Outreach Committee
- Established monthly alumnae spotlights with at least thirty alumnae in the pipeline
- Researched and presented information on alumnae relations at other single sex schools
- Collaborated with the Networking and Events Committee to reach out to alumnae to confirm and request their participation as class representatives.
Every Committee has goals for the 2018-2019 year. Contact us to hear more about them and join a committee! Do you have an hour or two to come to Holy Child and review and sort some of our photos? Let us know; we appreciate your time and support of Holy Child.
Take a closer look at the Alumnae Council committees
(We welcome your ideas, involvement, and assistance!)
Archives & Education
Work with the Advancement Office to begin building working archives; find ways to make the Archives accessible to the Holy Child Community; and create opportunities to begin educating students as to what it means to be an alum of Holy Child.
Network & Events
Assist with planning alumnae gatherings/events, including Reunions; assist the Office of Advancement in identifying opportunities for alumnae gatherings and networking in various areas – locally, nationally, internationally.
Alumnae/Holy Child Community Recognition & Outreach
Work with the Advancement Office to gather and share alumnae news and explore ways to highlight and honor alumnae from all decades and professions.