Connelly School of the Holy Child is a Catholic, college prepararatory school, committed to the intellectual, spiritual, artistic, physical, and social development of young women in grades 6 through 12. The school emphasizes academic challenge, joy of learning, and education of well-rounded women of faith and action.
Social Studies Teacher (Part-Time)
- Teaching 2 sections of AP Psychology to upper school students of diverse backgrounds and abilities
- Committed to professional growth to enhance student learning
- Creating, planning, and teaching a rigorous curriculum while meeting the needs of a diverse student population
- Continuously monitor and evaluate student outcomes through informal and formative assessments
- Effectively and consistently communicate and interact with students, parents, staff, and community
- Develop, select, and differentiate instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students
- Provide an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of young women
- Work collaboratively with administration and teaching staff
- Maintain appropriate records and follow required procedures and practices
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related field required with teaching experience in various levels of secondary education. Master’s Degree preferred
- Teaching experience and interest in teaching Psychology and/or AP Psychology courses to secondary students at a college preparatory high school
- Exceptional knowledge in Psychology content
- Ability to connect the curriculum to real-world scenarios and student background knowledge
- Commitment to embrace the school’s mission and values
- Genuine enthusiasm, personal warmth and passion for teaching and inspiring a love of learning
- Willingness to work collaboratively with administration, faculty, and parents
- Experience using a variety of pedagogical strategies
- Enjoys working collaboratively to develop and plan curricula
- Proven experience engaging students in class experiences that foster critical thinking, communication, collaboration and creativity
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and letters of reference to: LeAnne Kannapell, Associate Head of School at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior Staff Accountant
Connelly School of the Holy Child, an all-girls private school, in Potomac, Maryland, has an immediate opening for a Junior Staff Accountant. The position is primarily responsible for processing all school expenditures, posting receivables and donations; monitoring accounts receivable aging; managing petty cash; assisting parents with their FACTS payment set-up; assisting the Controller in day to day operations; and special projects as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
Holy Child offers an excellent benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, long term and short term disability, flex spending accounts, and a 403(b) pension plan.
Some essential functions are:
- Ensuring all purchase orders and disbursements are properly approved and supported by required documentation
- Processing all invoices and preparing disbursements
- Monitoring the budget to identify potential overages
- Preparing and sending tuition, fee, transportation and ancillary charges to parents; posting related receipts and monitoring accounts receivable aging
- Assisting parents with the set-up of payments through FACTS
- Monitoring and reporting any FACTS and payment issues
- Reconcile petty cash
- Make daily bank deposits
- Working with the Advancement office on the posting of donations and reconciling pledges
- Other duties & special projects as assigned by the Controller and Chief Financial Officer.
Qualification/Requirement Education/Training/Experience for the position of Junior Staff Account:
- Minimum of 2 years of prior work related experience in the non-profit sector, preferably schools
- A solid understanding of accounting principles
- An Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Business
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated strength in attention to detail.
- Ability to complete tasks timely.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
This position has the potential for growth. All interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Connelly School of the Holy Child to be fair and impartial in all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment and to make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, or any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and all other personnel actions and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, layoffs, reinstatements, training, professional development funding and disciplinary measures. Decisions regarding employment and promotion will be based solely upon job-related factors.