Connelly School of the Holy Child is a Catholic, college preparatory school, committed to the intellectual, spiritual, artistic, physical, and social development of young women in grades 6 through 12. The school emphasizes academic challenge, joy of learning, and education of well-rounded women of faith and action.
Interim Art Teacher
- Teaching Middle School and Upper School Art courses
- Participate in the school community with other duties as assigned Working collaboratively with colleagues within the science department as well as colleagues from additional departments.
- Uses professional grown opportunities to continually grow as an art educator.
- Committed to professional growth to enhance student learning.
- Responds to the needs of Holy Child, including and not limited to, service learning, advisory programs, assigned supervision and other duties assigned.
- Active commitment to enhancing a school community through involvement on committees and in student life activities.
- Create, plan, and teach study skills while meeting the needs of a diverse student population.
- Effectively and consistently communicates and interacts with students, parents, staff, and community.
- Develops, selects, and differentiates instructional plans and materials to support students with executive function challenges and learning differences.
- Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and the emotional development of young women.
- Ability to work collaboratively with administration and teaching staff.
- Maintains appropriate records and follows required procedures and practices.
- Integrates the use and care of equipment, materials, and facilities.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required with teaching experience in various levels of secondary education 6-12. Master’s Degree preferred; MSDE certification preferred
- Teaching experience and interest in teaching Art
- Ability to connect the curriculum to real-world scenarios and student background knowledge.
- Commitment to embrace the school’s mission and values
- Genuine enthusiasm, personal warmth and passion for teaching and inspiring a love of learning
- Willingness to work collaboratively with administration, faculty, and parents
- Experience using a variety of pedagogical strategies
- Enjoys working collaboratively to develop and plan curricula
- Proven experience engaging students in art experiences that foster critical thinking, communication, collaboration and creativity
How to Apply / Contact
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and letters of reference to: LeAnne Kannapell, Associate Head of School.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Connelly School of the Holy Child to be fair and impartial in all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment and to make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, or any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and all other personnel actions and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, layoffs, reinstatements, training, professional development funding and disciplinary measures. Decisions regarding employment and promotion will be based solely upon job-related factors.