Connelly School of the Holy Child is a Catholic, college prepararatory school, committed to the intellectual, spiritual, artistic, physical, and social development of young women in grades 6 through 12. The school emphasizes academic challenge, joy of learning, and education of well-rounded women of faith and action.
- Teaching 5 sections of Spanish courses including AP and Honors.
- Collaborate with other Spanish Teachers to ensure an integrated and cohesive curriculum
- Implement creative and innovative teaching practices that achieve student learning outcomes based on ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines.
- Participate in the school community with other duties as assigned Working collaboratively with colleagues within the World Language department as well as colleagues from additional departments.
- Committed to professional growth to enhance student learning.
- Responds to the needs of Holy Child, including and not limited to, service learning, advisory programs, assigned supervision and other duties assigned.
- Active commitment to enhancing a school community through involvement on committees and in student life activities.
- Create, plan, and teach study skills while meeting the needs of a diverse student population.
- Effectively and consistently communicates and interacts with students, parents, staff, and community.
- Develops, selects, and differentiates instructional plans and materials to support students with executive function challenges and learning differences.
- Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and the emotional development of young women.
- Ability to work collaboratively with administration and teaching staff.
- Maintains appropriate records and follows required procedures and practices.
- Integrates the use and care of equipment, materials, and facilities.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Hold a Bachelor of Arts degree in Spanish or a related field and demonstrate native or near native fluency in the language. Master’s Degree preferred; MSDE certification preferred.
- Teaching experience at the 6-12 grade level.
- Three years teaching experience teaching using core practices of world language teaching and be able to teach all levels of Spanish including Advanced.Placement.
- Ability to connect the curriculum to real-world scenarios and student background knowledge.
- Commitment to embrace the school’s mission and values
- Genuine enthusiasm, personal warmth and passion for teaching and inspiring a love of learning
- Willingness to work collaboratively with administration, faculty, and parents
- Experience using a variety of pedagogical strategies
- Enjoys working collaboratively to develop and plan curricula
How to Apply / Contact
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and letters of reference to: LeAnne Kannapell, Associate Head of School at: email@example.com
Part-time Technology Help Desk
Connelly School of the Holy Child, an all-girls private school, in Potomac, Maryland, has an immediate opening for a Part-time (20 hours) Technology Help Desk position. The position is primarily responsible for supporting students, faculty, and staff with their technology needs; coordinating and tracking repairs and replacements; troubleshooting login and end-user needs; support the 1-1 device program; and special projects as assigned by the Director of Instructional Technology.
Some essential functions are:
- Provide effective support to student, faculty, and staff technology end-user and troubleshooting needs.
- Provide support for the schools 1:1 device program by supporting students’ needs and documenting device assignments.
- Perform regular scheduled maintenance on loaner devices, printers, copiers, and other technology equipment.
- Coordinate inventory, tracking repairs and warrantees and returns.
- Assist with teacher and student training activities, as directed.
- Assist with all IT department tasks, including adding users in Active Directory, fixing logins, configuring computers, etc. Also, including configuring devices, deploying the image, setting up individual surfaces with OneDrive and Outlook.
- Serve as support for the school information system (Veracross), including portal and login issues.
- Support the Director of Instructional Technology in data entry and database management activities.
- Support the Director of Instructional Technology in technology curriculum planning and faculty implementation needs.
- Support other technology requests in the school, including in the Theater Department, the Business Office or any department, as directed.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of prior work experience
- Ability to work with middle and upper school students and preferably has experience working in an educational setting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office365 applications and databases.
- Ability to be collaborative and team oriented to support the needs of the department and school.
All interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head JV Lacrosse Coach
These positions report directly to the Athletic Director.
Qualified candidates must have previous coaching experience, have a positive coaching style, value teamwork and sportsmanship and have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of lacrosse. Practices take place Monday-Friday between the hours of 3:30-6:00. Games are played Monday-Friday at 4:15 or 5:30. The season runs February 25 – May 2. This is a stipend paid position.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Junior Staff Accountant
Connelly School of the Holy Child, an all-girls private school, in Potomac, Maryland, has an immediate opening for a Junior Staff Accountant. The position is primarily responsible for processing all school expenditures, posting receivables and donations; monitoring accounts receivable aging; managing petty cash; assisting parents with their FACTS payment set-up; assisting the Controller in day to day operations; and special projects as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
Holy Child offers an excellent benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, long term and short term disability, flex spending accounts, and a 403(b) pension plan.
Some essential functions are:
- Ensuring all purchase orders and disbursements are properly approved and supported by required documentation
- Processing all invoices and preparing disbursements
- Monitoring the budget to identify potential overages
- Preparing and sending tuition, fee, transportation and ancillary charges to parents; posting related receipts and monitoring accounts receivable aging
- Assisting parents with the set-up of payments through FACTS
- Monitoring and reporting any FACTS and payment issues
- Reconcile petty cash
- Make daily bank deposits
- Working with the Advancement office on the posting of donations and reconciling pledges
- Other duties & special projects as assigned by the Controller and Chief Financial Officer.
Qualification/Requirement Education/Training/Experience for the position of Junior Staff Account:
- Minimum of 2 years of prior work related experience in the non-profit sector, preferably schools
- A solid understanding of accounting principles
- An Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Business
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated strength in attention to detail.
- Ability to complete tasks timely.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
This position has the potential for growth. All interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Connelly School of the Holy Child to be fair and impartial in all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment and to make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, or any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and all other personnel actions and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, layoffs, reinstatements, training, professional development funding and disciplinary measures. Decisions regarding employment and promotion will be based solely upon job-related factors.