Connelly School of the Holy Child is in search of a Learning Specialist for the 2017-2018 academic year. An ideal candidate would be familiar with recent research and developments in educating students with learning differences. The Learning Specialist report to the Director of Academic Support. Responsibilities include:
- Teaching study skills classes.
- Assisting students with executive functioning and organization.
- Remaining in close contact with parents and teachers.
- Ensuring students are receiving the appropriate classroom accommodations.
- Reviewing grades and progress reports.
- Developing intervention plans with students, parents, and teachers when necessary.
- Monitoring Learning Lab at least one afternoon a week.
- Developing accommodation plans.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Nicki Iadarola, Director of Academic Support.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Connelly School of the Holy Child to be fair and impartial in all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment and to make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, or any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and all other personnel actions and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, layoffs, reinstatements, training, professional development funding and disciplinary measures. Decisions regarding employment and promotion will be based solely upon job-related factors.