2019-2020 Fall and Winter Team/Coaches and Special Athletic Department Award Recipients
Congratulations to all of our athletic award recipients for the 2019-2020 fall and winter seasons and special award recipients! See below for more information.
Fall 2019 Team & Coaches Athletic Award Recipients
Middle School Soccer
- Pearson Shay '24 (Team Award)
- Peyton Austin '25 (Coaches Award)
- Pamela von Seelen '22 (Team Award)
- Maria Terminiello '23 (Coaches Award)
- Grace Kernan '20 (Team Award)
- Ariana Farzin '21 (Coaches Award)
MS Field Hockey
- Alex Maloney '24 (Team Award)
- Meghan George '24 (Coaches Award)
JV Field Hockey
- Mackenzie Kopp '23 (Team Award)
- Caroline Worch '21 (Coaches Award)
Varsity Field Hockey
- Anne Distefano '20 (Team Award)
- Piper Matan '22 (Coaches Award)
- Katie Cope '24 (Team Award)
- Renee Carlson '23 (Coaches Award)
- Sarah Hortin '21 (Team Award)
- Gigi Hanley '20 (Coaches Award)
Winter 2019-2020 Team & Coaches Athletic Award Recipients
JV Ice Hockey
- Lucy Jacobs '23 (Team Award)
- Caitlyn Topercer '22 (Coaches Award)
Varsity Ice Hockey
- Kim Kirkpatrick '23 (Team Award)
- Kakie Colclough '23 (Coaches Award)
MS Basketball - A
- Danielle Foster '24 (Team Award)
- Maria Gonzalez '25 (Coaches Award)
MS Basketball - B
- Jordyn Palazzo '25 (Team Award)
- Kate Hudgins '25 (Coaches Award)
- Nadia Green '22 (Team Award)
- Maria Terminiello '23 (Coaches Award)
- Megan Lynch '20 (Team Award)
- Peyton Shreves '22 (Coaches Award)
Middle School Equestrian
- Gabriela Combs '24 (Team Award)
- Abby Carbonneau '26 & Maddie Acosta '26 (Coaches Award)
- Addie Robinson '20 (Team Award)
- Mia Hugo '22 (Coaches Award)
Additional Upper School Athletic Awards
Christopher J. Remington Parent Volunteer of the Year Award
Chris Remington was a staple at Holy Child. As the husband of an alum (Amy) and father of current senior (Madeline) and sons Connor and Cole, Chris loved Holy Child and it showed. He was an avid supporter of the athletic department who also served as the President of the Fathers' Club. Each year we recognize a parent who continues the legacy that Chris started. This year, we recognize Teresa Hortin (P '21). Teresa has stepped up tremendously the past three years volunteering whenever she can. She has helped with senior nights for volleyball, basketball and softball spending many hours making those days extra special for our student-athletes. In any situation Teresa is the first one to offer a helping hand.
Raskauskas Family Varsity High Point Rider
The Raskauskas award for the rider with the most points accumulated during the season. This year the recipient goes to team captain Addie Robinson '20. Addie has grown in the sport of Equestrian since freshman year and her effort and dedication have shown!
The Freshman Athlete of the Year is awarded to a 9th grader who best exemplifies the high standards of conduct, sportsmanship, and athletic ability which is expected of every Holy Child athlete. This year’s award winner made varsity in three sports: soccer, basketball, and lacrosse. She is hard working, coachable, competitive and a proven asset to the Holy Child community: Riley Peake '23.
The Unsung Heroine is awarded to an athlete who selflessly gives of her time and talents to serve the Holy Child Athletic community without thought of recognition to herself. Maggie Taishoff '20 has stepped up the past two years in Ice Hockey and Softball. She is always willing to do whatever is needed for the team, whether playing goalie or pitcher, she is willing to take on a difficult task and shine while doing so. Maggie is a caring, dedicated and loyal teammate.
The Wooters Tiger Club Award is given to an athlete who has been actively involved in not only athletics but other aspects of school life. The recipient exemplifies the spirit of sportsmanship, pride in competing for Holy Child and commitment to our athletic community. This year's recipient, Lilly Kannapell '20 was a leader on and off the field for field hockey and lacrosse. Always willing to help others, Lilly spent her time working with the younger goalies on both our JV and MS lacrosse teams. A well respected teammate who is always positive and supportive of Holy Child Athletics.
Additional Middle School Athletic Awards
The Unsung Heroine Award is given to an athlete who finds ways to serve and support the Holy Child athletic community behind the scenes. She is someone who leads quietly, never putting herself in the spotlight. She has to ability to unify her teammates from behind the scenes and embodies the true meaning of Actions Not Words. This year's recipient is Alyssa Lentz '24.
The Tiger Award is given to an athlete who best embodies the spirit of Holy Child Athletics. She is positive in manner, a true team player, and gracious to her opponents in competition. The warmth and kindness she shows her peers inspires them to excel beyond their expectations. This year’s recipient is Morgan Summers '24.
The 8th Grade Athletes of the Year goes to Danielle Foster '24 and Alex Maloney '24. Two extremely talented student-athletes who work hard, push themselves to excel and always have a great attitude. Both Danielle and Alex are kind, caring teammates who are well respected by their peers.